Last updated: April 19, 2020
This document describes our policies and procedures on collection, usage of, and disclosure of your data when you use bookchecker.com, and tells You about Your rights and how the law protects you.
- You means the individual accessing or using Book Checker, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or Book Checker, as applicable.
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Book Checker.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Website refers to Book Checker, accessible from https://bookchecker.com/
- Service refers to the Website.
- Country refers to: Washington, United States
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact you. Personally identifiable information may include:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information like IP address, browser, the pages of Book Checker that You visit, the time and date of your usage, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access Book Checker by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever you visit Book Checker or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. If You do not accept cookies, You should be able to use all parts of our service.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
We use only session cookies for the purposes set out below:
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: CloudFlare
Purpose: These Cookies are helpful to provide you with faster services available through the website. They help to prevent fraudulent use of services. Without these cookies, the services that You have asked for can still be provided, albeit potentially slower.
For more information about the cookies we use and your choices regarding cookies, please visit our Cookies Policy.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide additionl services, such as notifications by email.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, or SMS/MMS, when necessary or reasonable.
- To provide You with news and general information about other events which we offer unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage your requests to Us.
We will not share your personal information with anyone for any reason:
Retention of Your Personal Data
The company will also retain anonymous usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our service.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
If the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, Your personal data will not be transferred without your express persmission beforehand.
Under certain circumstances, the company may be required to disclose Your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your personal data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your personal data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with personal data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Your California Privacy Rights (California's Shine the Light law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California's Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their personal data with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes.
If you'd like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below.
California Privacy Rights for Minor Users (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allow California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of such data, and if you are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with Your account.
Be aware that Your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: https://bookchecker.com/contact